Friday, May 1, 2015

Rounds 2 and 3 Wrap Up: Live Grades and Reaction

Hello readers, Welcome to the Round 2 Wrap Up. This is where the Area 51 Sports team gives live reactions to the picks made by Washington. Those members are myself Ant "MD" McCree (represented as MD), Kelvin Cash (Cash) and Trent Wright (Trent) We'll all give are take and chime in on moves made during the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

Round 2

The Giants started off the second round by trading up with Titans and royally pissing off many Skins fans and selecting Landon Collins, But there was still some really good talent available by time they picked.


Who would this pick be for the Skins? Randy Gregory is available, Eli Harold is available, Dorial Green-Beckham is available, as is, A.J. Cann, Jay Ajayi, Duke Johnson, so many directions they could go....AND THEY GO TO COMMERCIAL!!! LOL...that's just so damn great.... I have no Idea why they do this to people lol.

Preston Smith!! Okay!! Not Randy Gregory or DGB but I'll take it, he fills a legit need, and at 6'5 271 lbs can be versatile in our scheme and that's what they need...this could end up paying dividends down the line, I like it.

 MD Ant Grade: A-


Cash: Hell No Bruh! No! No! No! I do not agree. I do not think he was the best player available, why pick a pass rusher and have it not be Randy Gregory! You cannot justify this! It's horrible, I can't take it.

Cash Grade: F...F...F! All F's


MD: Hahaha  I can understand that, but I honestly see reasons to like this, a big guy like that, who can move, and play standing up and with his hand in the ground, you don't see many like in the league...Legit threat to rush and stop the run.

Cash: I have to be honest, I feel like Scott McCloughan promised us dimes and we got two nickles instead...I guess that's one dime lol.

Trent: I can't take this right now, I'm reserving my thoughts for the third round.

Round 3

Cash: We Traded our pick...WTF?

MD: Bet! I wonder what we get in return.

Trent: That trade backed saved Scott McCloughan until tomorrow, we get an extra 4th , 5th , and 6th round pick from Seattle, and pick number 95 (round 3 pick 31). Great Job Scott!

Cash: Bruh! I'll take it! Seattle just did use a favor lol

MD: Agreed! We got over lol.

Cash: If these picks work out I will NEVER question him again! lol

We Are Currently on the Clock...The pick is.....

Matt Jones /RB/ Florida

He's not the more popular Jay Ajayi or Jeremy Langford, but Matt Jones has got very good downhill potential with his running style, and runs past defenders in the open field, He's also a good pass protector, which means he's got a chance to be used on 3rd downs if he can be used regularly as a pass catcher. He does have an issue with protecting the football, so that knocks him down, but he'll have to clean that up going forward.

MD Grade: B

My grade for pick it self is a B...but the round as a whole get's an A+ because the trade of pick 5 in the round resulted with the swap and 3 extra picks, gotta love that..we'll see how it goes tomorrow.


Cash: I don't like the pick, regardless of how well he can pass protect, he'll be a liability if he cannot protect the football, fumbles never help a football team. He's not an upgrade, he's more of a poor man Alfred Morris than anything.

Trent: I see that as more of a luxury pick, with McCloughan having two picks in the 4th round to work with, we'll see what he does tomorrow. I'm not really worried about him passing on Ayayi at this point, because he has red flags with injury concerns, I'm fine with them passing.


So, that's it until tomorrow, We You've seen our take what's yours? Comment, let us know how you feel.



area50onedmv.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment